We’re just a few haiku hobbyists and aficionados—not full-time poets—who write entirely with their hearts. But as we love poetry, as we welcome inspiration, and as we wish to learn, we also use our brains 🙂 Here are some of our favorite poetry books and sites.
The books we like are light and inexpensive:
- Basho: The Complete Haiku by Matsuo Basho and Jane Reichhold
- The Classic Tradition of Haiku by Faubion Bowers
- The Essential Haiku by Robert Hass
- Haiku: An Anthology of Japanese Poems by Stephen Addiss, Fumiko Yamamoto, and Akira Yamamoto
- Haiku and Senryu: A Simple Guide for All by Charlotte Digregorio
- Haiku in English: The First Hundred Years by Philip Rowland and Allan Burns
- Haiku: Japanese Art and Poetry by Judith Patt, Michiko Warkentyne, and Barry Till
- The Heart of Haiku by Jane Hirshfield
The sites we visit write poetry just like we do:
And, just a side project of ours, maybe you also like the moving photography of Animated Traffic, too?